Monday's Musing On PEACE, and on a Wednesday ;)

>> Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Once again it's Tuesday, and another Monday has breezed by me.  I really DON'T like how easily time can escape me lately.  This weekend Hubbs and the babe were sick, and now you can add 2 more kiddos to that count. FUN!  But anyways, on to my random 'musing'

I was watching a PBS special on Sunday about a group of people that did a Peace climb up to Mount Everest.  If you want to watch it, the next airing is Dec 4 @ 7PM

EVEREST: A CLIMB FOR PEACE chronicles the journey of nine "peace climbers" from different faiths and cultures as they attempt to summit the tallest mountain in the world. Actor Orlando Bloom, also a United Nations Ambassador for UNICEF, narrates. Filmed on location in Nepal, Tibet, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, U.A.E. and the United States, the documentary focuses on Palestinian Ali Bushnaq and Israelis Dudu Yifrah and Micha Yaniv. Setting aside their differences, they come together to forge a path of teamwork and cooperation. This, however, is easier said than done. Each believes their respective nations, embroiled in a brutal war for years, lie on the right side of the conflict. A socially relevant film about peace, war and the human spirit, EVEREST: A CLIMB FOR PEACE features spectacular Everest footage, including a dramatic rescue near the summit.


It was amazing to watch friendships form out of enemies. 
It got me to thinking how very much we all are alike on the human level.  If only we could just look past people's religions, politics, social status, and just focus on humanity.  How much more peaceful this world really would be.  It's almost near impossible I realize, but while watching this documentary, you get a glimpse that it really can happen. 
I'm not saying dismiss your religion, or your politics. Not at all.  But maybe if we all tried harder to look at others as our savior would.... On a human level.  Wouldn't that make for a better world? 

This is my goal.  (Not that I judge everyone that is NOT like me.  I don't. Well, I certainly don't try to anyway.)  But, what can it hurt?  If I tried a little harder
Anyways I'm just randomly rambling now.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

"Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer."

~ Barbara Kingslover

0 peeps say:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Blog Archive

All photography, unless otherwise noted, is a copyright of Jennifer Card 2007-2013



  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP